Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'd rather be watching movies...

So I'm at work and I'm like editing these freakin' marc records (library stuff) but I'd much rather be at home watching freakin' movies, yo. My heart is singing the song of horror and I want to answer it so badly. All I can do now is pray for a sick day. Anyway, here are three flicks I am craving at this very moment:



The Boogeyman and I have a strange relationship. I have bought this movie three times. First, I got it in the form of a beat up VHS at a flea market. Then I got the Anchor Bay DVD with The Demonsville Terror on the flipside of the disc. Sold it for some reason. Then I bought it AGAIN the other day. Sigh. I don't know why I keep trying to part with this one. It is actually a great supernatural slasher flick with a very weird streak.



Next up is Satan's Slave from British trash master Norman J. Warren. This fabulous film from my birth year is 15 different kinds of trashy. If you're looking for something silly, gory, sleazy and doesn't make a whole lot of sense then check this one out.



We call it Torso but the Italian title translates to The Bodies Bear Traces of Carnal Violence. While this may not be Mr. Sergio Martino's best giallo, this one is probably his most entertaining. There's blood, there's nudity, and there's beautiful Italian scenery. Plus, Torso features one hell of a dropkick in the final showdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment