Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Knock Knock



Knock Knock
Directed by Joe Ariola
Released: 2007
Starring Nicole Abisinio, Chris Bashinelli, Kat Castaneda, John Cipriano Jr., Jarett Del Bene, Jeremy Drew, Stephanie Finochio
Running Time: 92 minutes
DVD Studio: Lions Gate

About a week ago, I opened a package from my sister Lora and inside there was a copy of Knock Knock. She said the movie was a bad b-movie and that I would love it. She was wrong but I still appreciate the gesture. In fact, I hope everyone in my family starts sending me terrible movies. This could be the start of something good.

We meet a gang of dumb teenagers that are amazingly generic but the writing saves the day by making them really irritating too. My head feels like it is getting kicked in by the jarring editing. Somebody decided to remove some frames and fade to white a whole bunch because that is what makes a movie interesting and fun to look at.

The camerawork is actually good and Knock Knock looks really nice in both daytime and night scenes. Too bad it is wasted on this junky story. I will call the killer Paper Mache Face. He looks like a Slipknot fan. So far, the film is bloody, gory and features a bit of nudity but good luck giving a shit about any of the characters or the plot. Guh, I fell asleep several times. Nice going, Lions Gate!

Some dialogue:

"Come on, Nicole! Can't grandpa do anything for you?"

and

"She looked like she'd seen a ghost. A big one."
"Let's go inside and I'll show you a big one!"

Knock Knock trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment