Saturday, December 11, 2010

At The Big Top



Last weekend, Nafa and I raided the Big Top Flea Market which I honestly think has seen better days. Now don't get me wrong, it's still the same in many ways, it's just that I've been visiting this flea market for about 12 years now. The comic book duder is gone and the old guy with all the awesome DVDs (TONS of Anchor Bay) is gone too. Even the toy lady is gone. She had action figures and dolls of nearly every conceivable pop culture thing. And she was really nice. Unfortunately, the creepy anime guy is still there. His booth is mostly Avatar and Dragon Ball Z stuff now.

However, there are still lots of goodies to be found. There is still a big DVD selection if you snoop around enough but VHS tapes are getting more and more rare. I was lucky to find a really nice copy of Humanoids From the Deep but the tape itself was beyond help. Oh well, at least I can display the case somewhere. Nafa and I got some sketchy hotdogs from the food court and wandered around this friggin' huge place. After a couple of hours, I managed to fill a grocery bag with 8 movies. And everything was a dollar apiece. Fantastic!

So anyway, here's my haul:















2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Anamorph was pretty disappointing, though. When I lived in Vegas, there was an awesome indoor swamp meet there, and they used to sell all kinds of crazy stuff. The movie selection was shitty (mostly bootlegs of movies that were still in theaters), but you could buy exotic animals, brass knuckles, taser guns, and all kinds of shit! I bought a pair of sweet aviator glasses for 5 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aaron - Anamorph was okay. It's kind of an indie version of Seven. Nothing to write home about but it definitely had some gruesome charm. I wish my flea market had more exotic brass animals and shit knuckles.

    ReplyDelete