Wednesday, November 9, 2011

He Made Me Do It: The Heroic Trio & Foreign Correspondent



This is He Made Me Do It.

This is a movie challenge featuring Brad and Richard choosing movies for each other to watch.

This could get ugly.

Round 2



Richard: I believe that The Heroic Trio is one of the best action sci-fi horror drama fantasy films to come out of Hong Kong. It's got the lovely ladies that make up the trio: Michelle Yeoh, Maggie Cheung, and Anita Mui, kicking some serious ass and delivering the melodrama at 1500 feet per second. The film also features the inimitable Anthony Wong as the mute killer Kau. I consider this film essential viewing for anyone interested in the wild side of Asian cinema. You need to witness this batshit insane film spectacle because I think you will friggin' love it, duder.

Brad: I was blown away by this! The ladies are lovely and the action is insane and it is adept at mixing action, horror, and fantasy. It shows that Hong Kong is still ahead of Western cinema in terms of originality. I'm glad you pressed me to watch it. How hot is Michelle Yeoh?

Richard: Michelle Yeoh is so hot that she makes volcanoes jealous!



Brad: I think you should watch Foreign Correspondent because it is one of my favorite Hitchcock films. Because everyone loves Scott Ffoliott. Because Santa Claus is an assassin. Because Herbert Marshall is suave and debonair. Because if you ever change your name, I insist it's to Huntley Haverstock.

Richard: You are too cruel. You know that I am NOT a Hitchcock fan and yet you torture me with him. And I gotta tell ya, for the first 22 minutes or so (the intentionally droll setup of the story), I thought you were just fucking with me. Then the style kicks in, someone gets shot in the face, and it's all uphill from there. I found Foreign Correspondent to be truly masterful filmmaking in both style and entertainment. Am I a Hitchcock fan now? Hell no. But I am starting to see what all the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment