Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Invasian 3

 
I'm not qualified to write about Asian cinema. I'm not qualified to write about cinema. Heck, I'm not qualified! But I just couldn't leave it alone. Several years ago, I wanted to do a big heapin' helpin' of Asian horror on this blog and thus The Invasian was born. I got some pals to help out and everyone -literally everyone- had a great time. The second installment came when I wanted to focus on anime and get through a lot of my old favorites and unseen-by-me things. It too, was a blockbuster of success that I still get royalty payments from to this day. 

The theme this time around is "there is no theme"! Haha, that's real stupid! Actually, I'm going to be revisiting films I've seen from the Asian horror boom of the 2000s but cannot frickin' remember a dang thing about them. But that's not all. I'll also be checking out a whole mess of new-to-me stuff that I've been gathering for the last long while.
 
Why do I have so many Asian films stashed away? I am one of those folks that once they pick a theme, they find it utterly impossible to stick to it! So while I was watching as many slashers and Italian films as I could, all I could think about was Asian horror. And during the first few months of this pandemic, one of my vices was to shop. And shop I did! Luckily, most of the films I'm after from Tartan Films or Tokyo Shock are kinda cheap as heck now anyway. Queue my "Richard the Scavenger" theme song (which I just made up right now).

And well, it's time to stop thinkin' and start drinkin'... up all that delicious blood! I think I should've saved that radical line for a vampire blog-a-thon. Oh well. So, my friends, stick around here for the entire month of September and see me review a whole big old pile of the wicked and wonderful films of Asia.

5 comments:

  1. So there with the shopping vice when this started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ludicrous. I'm like look I'm saving money on my commute and look I'm going to eat way less. I need all these movies! Do I though? Do I?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, with extra money,I was like "I really need that DVD and that blu."

      Delete