Tuesday, December 2, 2014

H!TITDS Episode #61 - The Kindred

It's the last episode of 2014? Really? Yep, it's true. Our hiatus which started -like 2 months- ago is finally kicking in. We will be back in January (and if you're nice and not too naughty, there may be a special surprise from Brad and I in two weeks). But yeah, Jeffrey and I recorded our talk on The Kindred a while back and I put it in the "Rainy Day Episodes" folder until now. It's a good time episode, that's for real. Listen and write in to the show (doomedmoviethon [at] gmail.com). You should suggest a film for us to cover. If we haven't done it before, we'll totally cover it in 2015. Or just write in to let us know if you hate us!

Listen here.

Check out the archives!

We're on the iTunes as well. If you're into that kind of thing.

4 comments:

  1. "Rainy Day Episode" is a good cue - we had some terrible weather here lately, heavy rain storms and dark days. Perfect to catch up with the Doomed Show! It might've been a pretty long listening - especially since I am not familiar with the film! - but I had a lot of fun! A good time as always, guys!

    Here are some purely selfish ideas for a future show (these are all movies on my "to watch" pile of discs):

    The Abominable Dr. Phibes 1+2
    Deadly Blessing
    George Romero's Knightriders
    Spider Baby

    Cheers,
    MLP

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MLP - It's raining right now! Thanks for those suggestions! I am deathly afraid of covering Knightriders. I've never seen it. Too scared. I am definitely down with the Phibes movies, Deadly Blessing, and of course, Spider Baby. Good stuff! Thanks for listening, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just finally watched Knightriders tonight and I LOVED it! I can't remember the last time I was so pleasantly surprised by a movie. If it wasn't a school night and so late already I'd watch it immediately again w/ commentary on. I love Romero's Dead series, even up to and including Land of the Dead, and Dawn was almost solely responsible for my interest in horror movies, but the few other Romero's I've watched were not quite to my liking (The Crazies and Martin). Now, I love Ed Harris and Tom Savini, but dreaded another way too long and meandering Romero film in which nothing really would happen. And, c'mon, knights on motorcycles? With these weird feathers on their helmets? That just seemed too silly. But once you accept that far out concept it's a hell of a ride. It's a very engaging, touching and romantic story with a lot of action and an awesome ensemble cast. I even got something in my eye in the end. I'm a sucker for these 'living for your ideals' vs. 'selling out' plots anyway. Just like Cronenberg's Fast Company. Or, ahem, Herbie: Fully Loaded. But seriously, go check it out. It's a new favorite of mine.

    Cheers,
    MLP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, MLP, you make a good case for it! I will watch Knightriders!

    ReplyDelete