Monday, January 3, 2011

No Drinkee The Wormee



I didn't know what tequila was when I was 11 years old. I didn't know that there was a friggin' worm in the bottom. I just assumed that the dad in Poltergeist II was drinking some tainted booze or something. So when he starts acting crazy and then vomits up a monster, well I was thoroughly freaked out. The next morning, I poured myself some Minute Maid fruit punch and what do I see in the bottom of my glass? Fruit bits. There were little fruit bits or fruit silt or some crap. I dumped it out. I dumped that juice right down the drain. No way was I going to drink something that would turn into a monster that I would vomit up later. That silly fear would haunt me for years later and I would never finish a glass of any juice that had any kind of pulp in it. Looking at this scene for the first time since I was a kid, I'm astonished that I wasn't more terrified. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment