Monday, November 29, 2021

Giallo Meltdown: Slashing Back To You

  

I'm back in the world of what some people refer to as "writing a book". To keep folks (hopefully) excited about the second volume of Giallo Meltdown, I have shared the latest chapter right here. There's few things I enjoy more than wandering around that twilight world where the giallo and the slasher meet. Italian and Spanish filmmakers fresh from the giallo craze making slashers and American filmmakers making slashers that might as well be gialli. It gives me goosebumps in my unmentionable though non-physical areas. I hope you enjoy this installment as it will be the ninth chapter of Giallo Meltdown 2. Will the book be 13 chapters or more? Maybe!

P.S. The title of this chapter is a little nod to this classic.

2 comments:

  1. A few months earlier you posted in one of your articles, that you saw the spaghetti western Kill the Poker Player, which is one of the most similar SWs to the gialli. I wondered if you'd be doing a chapter on the sort of giallo-esque westerns? On the other hand, I am not sure how many films could be included, apart from the above mentioned one and The Price of Death with Kinski.
    (A suggestion might be the Sartana movies or the US western 5 Card Stud, but they actually kind of lack the similarity apart from the mystery plot.)
    Anyway, keep up, I'm looking forward to the new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to include some giallo-influenced Spaghetti Westerns but there definitely aren't enough (that I know of) to do a whole chapter. But I'll look into the ones you mentioned! Thanks!

      Delete