Saturday, June 6, 2020

Hello From The Year 2020

The human race needs to figure out that we're all here to be born, live for a while, and then croak on this rock (or maybe in space). We are not all the same but we are all stuck with each other. This is not a bad thing if we can just stop being jerks. If you're blind to what's going on, staying out of it, adding to the problem, or just willfully ignorant, then wake up. We are officially living in the future but we are stuck in the past. I've been hearing the same racist garbage come out of people's mouths since I was a kid. Seriously, I'm 43 years old and the racist rhetoric and disgusting manipulation by those in power HAS NOT CHANGED. It's pathetic and it needs to stop right now.

So sign petitions, protest, donate $$ to causes, scream into the ether, or just listen to oppressed people. Whatever you need to do, do it. But give people understanding and help when they need it. Let's make compassion popular again. Let's rise above racism, homophobia, sexism, classicism, and religious persecution. End all inequality wherever its hiding. If that means overhauling our criminal justice system then let's make it happen. We can do this. So to all my friends of color, LGBTQ+ buds, frickin' awesome women, friends whose religions are different than mine, people of different economic classes, anyone different than me in any glorious way, etc. just know that I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Incidentally, I watched the French documentary I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO on TV tonight. It's about James Baldwin, and it's shocking to see how little has changed in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of folks thought that we cured racism after Rodney King and then stamped it out after we elected Obama. But the sad fact is that things have not changed. It's awful but I won't give up hope.

      Delete