Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Bond Women Are Not Girls

Sometime between that magical time between the alarm going off and me dragging myself out of bed this morning, I had a great idea for a moviethon that I'll never do and I wanted to share it with you! It's called The Bond Women Are Not Girls Moviethon and I hope that it excites you so much that you go and do this moviethon yourself (and tell me how it went). Now before you just jump into this thing without a British condom on, let's establish some criteria before total chaos ensues and your life becomes a ruined mess.

Keep in mind that James Bond has had so many erotic encounters with ladies (and men) that this list would be impossibly long, and a comprehensive moviethon would be mostly insane and/or kinda impossible. So I'm pulling from the 24 actresses from this list of "official" Bond Girls to find the titles I'm going to be selecting. (Yes, I had to cheat a little to get Barbara Bouchet in there.) You can grab films from the careers of as many or as few of these amazing women as you like to make up your playlist. Here's what I would watch for this one:

Actress 1: Ursula Andress AKA Honey Rider
Film 1: She (1965)

Actress 2: Honor Blackman AKA Pussy Galore
Film 2: The Cat and the Canary (1978)

Actress 3: Claudine Auger AKA Domino Derval
Actress 4: Barbara Bouchet AKA Moneypenny
Actress 5: Barbara Bach AKA Anya Amasova
Film 3: Black Belly of the Tarantula (1971)  

Actress 6: Mie Hama AKA Kissy Suzuki
Film 4: King Kong Escapes (1967)

Actress 7: Diana Rigg AKA Teresa Draco
Film 5: Theater of Blood (1971)

Actress 8: Jill St. John AKA Tiffany Case
Film 6: The Lost World (1960)

Actress 9: Britt Ekland AKA Mary Goodnight
Film 7: Moon in Scorpio (1987)

Actress 10: Maud Adams AKA Octopussy
Film 8: Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation (1990)

Actress 11: Grace Jones AKA May Day
Film 9: Vamp (1986)

Actress 12: Carey Lowell AKA Pam Bouvier
Film 10: The Guardian (1990)

And that's it. I could keep going but I think ten films is enough to keep one busy through a weekend-long movie bingeing extravaganza. I'm not a fan of the James Bond franchise, so this looks a lot more appealing to me than watching Dr. No (1962) ten times in a row. Let me know what your playlist for your own Bond women moviethon would be!

5 comments:

  1. Fun idea. If I'd make such plan, it would take me years to really watch all those movies... But anyway, I would probably pick these, some of them just because I've never seen them:
    Ursula Andress - Perfect Friday (1970)
    Daniela Bianchi - OK Connery (1967)
    Claudine Auger - Flic Story (1975)
    Britt Ekland - The Wicker Man (1973)
    Barbara Bach - The Humanoid (1979)
    Corinne Cléry - Autostop rosso sangue (1977)
    Carole Bouquet - Mystere (1983)
    Maud Adams - The Diamond Mercenaries (1976)
    Tanya Roberts - Sheena (1983)
    and
    Barbara Bouchet - Death Rage (1976)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Here are my picks along with some alternate choices. Depends what I'm in the mood for at the time. Black Belly of the Tarantula (Claudine Auger and Barbara Bach)
    or
    A Bay of Blood (Claudine Auger)
    and
    The Unseen (Barbara Bach)
    King Kong Escapes or King Kong vs. Godzilla (Mie Hama)
    Dogora (Akiko Wakabayashi)
    The Strangler of Blackmoor Castle (Karin Dor)
    Slaughter's Big Rip-Off (Gloria Hendry)
    Tammy and the T-Rex (Denise Richards)
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation (Maud Adams)
    Stateline Motel or The Mountain of the Cannibal God (Ursula Andress)
    99 Women (Luciana Paluzzi)
    Catwoman (Halle Berry)
    One Million Years B.C. or From a Whisper to a Scream (Martine Beswick)
    The Vampire Lovers or Taste the Blood of Dracula (Madeline Smith)
    Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (Jane Seymour)
    Centurion (Olga Kurylenko)
    Captain America II: Death Too Soon (Lana Wood)
    Theatre of Blood (Diana Rigg)
    Yor, the Hunter from the Future (Corinne Cléry)

    ReplyDelete